Here's the latest finger drummer! Really happy with the way this one came out. It's Red Oak, with laser engraved graphics (by Greasy Sega aka. Dylan Stinson). It's also got a new PCB on the bottom. I've switched the components to the hidden side of the PCB, just to give the silkscreen'd "Finger Drummer" more of a blank canvas. All the IC's, resistors and capacitors can be pretty visually busy. It's a toss up for me and I'm still not sure which design I'll stick with... I really like the exposed electronics.
OK! Update time! So I have been working very hard lately on this GB Midi project, as I'm now finished (hurray!) my basement suite project! Some controllers I've been working on for quite some time are coming to a close, which has been very satisfying (stay tuned...). I've also been working very hard getting my shop streamlined and my tools in order. The CNC side of this project can be very consuming at times. I have now completely rebuilt my CNC router with my own custom electronics, a new control interface, custom control PCB's, my own control software, dust collection and a brand new power system. I also finally broke down and ran a proper 60A feed to my shop in order to solve some brown out issues (dust collector + heat + CNC router > 15A). Things are getting much more organized around here!
(a little preview of whats to come...)